Sunday, December 01, 2002
The Clubbing-English Bilingual Phrasebook
• Shall we go out to the nightclub? = Do you want to stand packed into a dark, sweaty, loud room for six hours?
• Isn't there an interesting crowd here tonight? = Of course, normally I'd cross the road to avoid these people.
• Two cans of lager and two bottles of water? That'll be £13 please = Just smile and pay up, you've been conned.
• All I can see is a forest of Celtic tattoos = You're five foot one tall and standing in the middle of the dancefloor.
• My head is spinning, my brain is flashing and I love all of you = That wasn't an aspirin you swallowed earlier.
• I appear to be dancing to an uplifting remix of an old Bryan Adams tune = Your musical taste has temporarily vanished.
• I'm sorry, I can't hear a word you're saying = You've been standing too near the speakers and will be buzzing til Tuesday.
• My eyes are rolling, my teeth are grinding down to stumps and I can't sleep = See, I told you it wasn't an aspirin.
• Ugh, this morning all my clothes smell of cigarette smoke = You really did go out last night after all, it wasn't a dream.
• I'm posting this at 7am on a Sunday morning without spelling mistakes = You didn't really partake in much of the above.
...or read more in my monthly archives
Jan14 Feb14 Mar14 Apr14 May14 Jun14 Jul14
Jan13 Feb13 Mar13 Apr13 May13 Jun13 Jul13 Aug13 Sep13 Oct13 Nov13 Dec13
Jan12 Feb12 Mar12 Apr12 May12 Jun12 Jul12 Aug12 Sep12 Oct12 Nov12 Dec12
Jan11 Feb11 Mar11 Apr11 May11 Jun11 Jul11 Aug11 Sep11 Oct11 Nov11 Dec11
Jan10 Feb10 Mar10 Apr10 May10 Jun10 Jul10 Aug10 Sep10 Oct10 Nov10 Dec10
Jan09 Feb09 Mar09 Apr09 May09 Jun09 Jul09 Aug09 Sep09 Oct09 Nov09 Dec09
Jan08 Feb08 Mar08 Apr08 May08 Jun08 Jul08 Aug08 Sep08 Oct08 Nov08 Dec08
Jan07 Feb07 Mar07 Apr07 May07 Jun07 Jul07 Aug07 Sep07 Oct07 Nov07 Dec07
Jan06 Feb06 Mar06 Apr06 May06 Jun06 Jul06 Aug06 Sep06 Oct06 Nov06 Dec06
Jan05 Feb05 Mar05 Apr05 May05 Jun05 Jul05 Aug05 Sep05 Oct05 Nov05 Dec05
Jan04 Feb04 Mar04 Apr04 May04 Jun04 Jul04 Aug04 Sep04 Oct04 Nov04 Dec04
Jan03 Feb03 Mar03 Apr03 May03 Jun03 Jul03 Aug03 Sep03 Oct03 Nov03 Dec03
Jan02 Feb02 Mar02 Apr02 May02 Jun02 Jul02 Aug02 Sep02 Oct02 Nov02 Dec02