Saturday, July 12, 2003
Big Brother's most desperate gimmicks
1) Day 50: Voting Jon Tickle back into the house for the last two weeks. And I think it might just work...
2) Day 37: Hiding "Moaner" Lisa in the reward room as a surprise new whining housemate.
3) Day 32: The African housemate exchange, flying Cameron to Africa and the rather-livelier Gaetano to Elstree.
4) Day 29: The ill-advised double eviction, removing both Federico and public favourite Jon overnight.
5) Day 45: Sticking a free pub in the reward room, open twelve hours a day for five days. Hic.
6) Day 25: Subtly increasing the number of housemates up for eviction from two to three to boost revenue from voting.
7) Day 1: Sticking Anouska in the house to keep Sun readers happy, only for the public to boot her out at the first opportunity.
8) Day 44: The bomb-scare evacuation. It was all genuine and not a set-up to increase the ratings, honest.
9) Day 10: Getting everyone to dress up in cub scout uniform and go camping in the garden.
10) Day 46: Playing music into the house as an alarm call to try to make the housemates a bit more animated. Fat chance.
...or read more in my monthly archives
Jan13 Feb13 Mar13 Apr13 May13 Jun13 Jul13 Aug13 Sep13 Oct13 Nov13 Dec13
Jan12 Feb12 Mar12 Apr12 May12 Jun12 Jul12 Aug12 Sep12 Oct12 Nov12 Dec12
Jan11 Feb11 Mar11 Apr11 May11 Jun11 Jul11 Aug11 Sep11 Oct11 Nov11 Dec11
Jan10 Feb10 Mar10 Apr10 May10 Jun10 Jul10 Aug10 Sep10 Oct10 Nov10 Dec10
Jan09 Feb09 Mar09 Apr09 May09 Jun09 Jul09 Aug09 Sep09 Oct09 Nov09 Dec09
Jan08 Feb08 Mar08 Apr08 May08 Jun08 Jul08 Aug08 Sep08 Oct08 Nov08 Dec08
Jan07 Feb07 Mar07 Apr07 May07 Jun07 Jul07 Aug07 Sep07 Oct07 Nov07 Dec07
Jan06 Feb06 Mar06 Apr06 May06 Jun06 Jul06 Aug06 Sep06 Oct06 Nov06 Dec06
Jan05 Feb05 Mar05 Apr05 May05 Jun05 Jul05 Aug05 Sep05 Oct05 Nov05 Dec05
Jan04 Feb04 Mar04 Apr04 May04 Jun04 Jul04 Aug04 Sep04 Oct04 Nov04 Dec04
Jan03 Feb03 Mar03 Apr03 May03 Jun03 Jul03 Aug03 Sep03 Oct03 Nov03 Dec03
Jan02 Feb02 Mar02 Apr02 May02 Jun02 Jul02 Aug02 Sep02 Oct02 Nov02 Dec02