|London is the greatest city in the world. But we are at a crossroads.||London needs a Mayor with plans that can be delivered and who can work with the Government to fund them.||I am the only mayoral candidate with the experience of working in City Hall to improve the lives of all Londoners.||As Green Mayor I’ll bring the voice of Londoners into City Hall.|
|• Tackle the housing crisis, building thousands more homes for Londoners each year.|
• Set an ambitious target of 50 per cent of new homes being genuinely affordable.
• Homes to buy where we can give Londoners first dibs – building on brownfield public land.
• Get a better deal for renters.
|• Double home building to 50,000 a year by 2020.|
• Ensure development is in keeping with the local area.
• Give Londoners the first chance to buy new homes built in London.
• Ensure a significant proportion of all new homes are only for rent and not for sale.
|• Continue the Olympic Games precept to build 50,000 council homes to rent and 150,000 for sale or private rent.|
• Crack down on rogue landlords by extending mandatory registration and offering long tenancies.
• Half of housing in new developments should be affordable for the majority of Londoners.
|• 200,000 new homes, half of them built affordably by smaller developers, communities and housing associations.|
• Renters’ rights supported, with a London Renters Union and a push for rent controls.
• Create a not-for-profit housing company.
|• Freeze London transport fares for four years.|
• Introduce a one-hour bus ‘Hopper’ ticket, paid for by making TfL more efficient.
• Explore new revenue-raising opportunities.
• Londoners won’t pay a penny more for their travel in 2020 than they do today.
|• I will not make reckless spending pledges that will undermine the central nervous system that London relies on.|
• Protect the Freedom Pass for the entire Mayoral term.
|• Half price tube, DLR and TfL Overground fares before 7.30am.|
• A one-hour bus ticket.
• ‘Oysterise’ the Cable Car.
• Review all the fare zones across London so passengers are not disadvantaged.
|• Fair fares for commuters, with lower costs for outer London.|
• Flat fares by 2025.
• Change between buses and trains without paying extra.
|• Increase the proportion of TfL budget spent on cycling.|
• Get Crossrail 2 off the ground.
• Prioritise delivery of new river crossings in the east of the city.
• Maintain the Congestion Charge at its current level.
• Make cycling and walking safer, with more segregated cycle routes, action on dangerous junctions, and safer lorries.
|• Keep London moving by increasing capacity on key underground lines.|
• Take over substandard suburban rail services.
• Conduct an urgent review into the outer London bus network.
• Stand up to the union bosses in order to prevent unjustified strikes.
• Work with Government to secure the transport links needed to unlock more than 270,000 homes and 250,000 jobs for Londoners.
|• Complete the upgrade of all the Tube lines.|
• Deliver the Overground extension to Barking Riverside.
• Develop plans for additional tram, tube and rail services in areas currently under-served by public transport.
• Seek to ensure the impact on London of HS2 is minimised.
• Seek to take over supervision of metro services.
• Cut wasteful projects by Transport for London.
|• Create people-friendly streets, with big ticket projects in every borough to support walking and cycling.|
• Recognise that taxis help fill the gaps in public transport and reduce the need to own a car.
• Reinstate the road user hierarchy, putting pedestrians and those with disabilities at the top and private car travel at the bottom of priorities for schemes such as junction improvements.
|• Oppose a third runway at Heathrow and make the case for a second runway at Gatwick.|
• Restore London’s air quality to legal and safe levels, with action to make travel greener and pedestrianise Oxford Street, while protecting the green belt.
• Make London the first ‘National Park City’.
• Revive plans to part-pedestrianise Parliament Square.
• Introduce Clean Bus Corridors.
• Complete the Thames Path.
|• Ensure Heathrow expansion stays absolutely off the table.|
• Protect the green belt from development.
• Tackle air pollution with tougher rules on HGVs, and by cleaning up London’s taxi and bus fleet.
• Create more green spaces and clean up local parks so they are safe to visit and enjoy.
• Crackdown on fly-tipping and litter.
• A cross-London recycling guarantee.
• Roll out clean car infrastructure across London.
|• Oppose the expansion of existing London airports at Heathrow, Gatwick and City.|
• Bring in a new congestion zone around Heathrow.
• Protect school playing fields from being built over.
• Roll out solar across 200,000 London rooftops by 2025.
• Switch London’s buses and taxis to fully electric and help to switch commercial vans too.
• Cut congestion by charging extra for non-essential workplace parking in central London.
|• No new runways at Heathrow or Gatwick.|
• Close City Airport to build a new quarter for London.
• A not-for-profit London Energy Company, to compete with the ‘Big 6’ and power Crossrail.
• End the crisis of filthy air, bringing pollution below legal limits by 2020 at the latest.
• Get the most polluting vehicles off the road, and switch all buses and taxis to zero emissions.
• Fair charges on motoring, to reduce congestion and pollution and help pay for public transport.
|• Make London safer, with action to restore neighbourhood policing, tackle gangs and knife crime.|
• A plan to tackle the spread of extremism.
• A review of the resourcing of our fire service.
• Make London a fairer and more tolerant city, open and accessible to all, and one in which all can live and prosper free from prejudice.
|• Tackle extremist ideology at source with a new Integration Test for any public spending.|
• Guarantee that the Met’s entire force of 32,000 officers is safeguarded for the full Mayoral term, and prioritise neighbourhood policing.
• Intelligence-led use of stop and search.
• Double the number of armed response vehicles in London.
|• Recruit 3,000 more police on the streets, focused on transport hot-spots.|
• Bring back local policing, tackling gangs.
• More visible neighbourhood policing.
• Pledge to sell the three water cannons which the Mayor so unwisely bought.
|• Focus more police time on community policing, tackling hate crime and supporting young people.|
• Involve communities in addressing extremism, rethinking the flawed and discriminatory Prevent strategy.
|• Be the most pro-business Mayor yet, working in partnership with industry to deliver on skills, infrastructure, and growth.||• Work with local and central government to get the best possible deal for business.|
• Help London’s businesses develop from start-ups to scale-ups.
|• Caroline is leading the campaign to keep London in Europe and at the heart of the European Market.|
• A City Hall building company and a skills academy to train construction workers.
|• Bring Londoners into City Hall’s decision making, and kick out big business lobbyists.|
• Create a Bank for London to support small businesses and the local economy.
• Use planning powers to stop the loss of arts and music venues.
|• Set up ‘Skills for Londoners’ to ensure all Londoners have the opportunity to train in the skills that our economy needs.|
• Tackle low pay, working with employers to make London a Living Wage City.
|• Champion a more outcome-based approach to skills devolution.|
• Fight to carve off a portion of skills funding to nurture direct access for younger and disadvantaged Londoners to the creative industries.
|• Train more young people in the skills of the future.|
• Grow job opportunities in digital technologies.
• Create local enterprise zones.
• Oppose conversion of vital business premises to luxury flats.
• Put data science at the heart of decision making in City Hall.
|• Fight for the London Living Wage for the one in five working Londoners who are still paid less.|
|• Challenge gender inequality, working to close the gender pay gap.|
• Support women to break the glass ceiling while helping to remove the barriers to women’s success.
|• Ensure talented parents stay in the workforce.||• More flexible childcare in the morning and evening.|
• More after school clubs.
• More trained child minders to help get parents back into work.
|• A good school place of choice for every child, taking over responsibility from central government for London’s school places and quality|
• Appoint a London Schools Commissioner to lead improvements.
|I’ll be a Mayor for all Londoners.||All paid for without increasing Mayoral council tax.||It is time for a Liberal London that works for everyone.|
|There is no better city to start changing the world than London.|